OLIVARES fiercely protects and enforces its clients’ trademark rights. With more than 40 years of experience in trademark law in Mexico and abroad, OLIVARES is a leader in this area of intellectual property. We represent companies of all sizes, from small businesses to members of the Fortune 100.
OLIVARES will help you determine the strength of your trademark rights so you can fully realize their value in your business strategy. We will reinforce that strength with services tailored specifically to your trademark portfolio needs – searches, registrations and renewals at the Mexican Institute of Industrial Property, due diligence, audits, license agreements, assignment agreements, anti-counterfeiting, litigation and asset sales/acquisition.
For some of our "Multi-national" trademark clients we also secure trademark rights across the Latin America region.
- We have an extensive network of well-established relationships with many of the most highly regarded and experienced law firms across Latin America.
- We help reduce clients’ risk and workload by managing trademark portfolios in a region of the world in which many companies and non-Latin law firms have encountered serious problems with IP protection in general.
The Trademark Group has won various awards, including Managing Intellectual Property magazine’s Trademark Award. Additionally, OLIVARES is the only firm to be ranked in the top tier of Chambers Latin America and Managing Intellectual Property’s ranking systems.
An Industry Representation of Our Clients:
- Media, Sports, and Entertainment
- Information Technology
- Food and Beverages
- Chemicals, Biotechnology, Medical Devices, Nanotechnology, Life Sciences, Plant Varieties and Agro-Business
- Luxury Goods, Clothing, Jewelry, Cosmetics and Perfumery
- Hotels, Restaurants and Tourism
- Oil, Gas and Energy
- Construction, Real Estate, Machinery, Tools and Metals