Antonio Belaunzarán is a true Trademark expert and one of Mexico’s most sought after Trademark attorneys. He joined OLIVARES in 1988 and became partner in 1994. His practice focuses on all types of legal cases related to distinctive signs, such as trademarks, slogans, trade dress, trade names and appellations of origin, including searches, filing, prosecution, license and assignment agreements; litigation before both the Mexican Institute of Industrial Property and the Federal Courts in cases related to invalidity, cancellation and infringement; anti-counterfeiting actions; unfair competition, comparative and ambush advertisement issues. He designs legal strategies for contentious matters and counsels clients on all type of Distinctive Signs issues.
As a Senior Partner and highly regarded Senior Trademark attorney in Mexico, Mr. Belaunzarán brings a sophisticated level of legal experience to all of his cases and serves as a powerful mentor for Olivares’ more junior level attorneys looking to gain insight on the complexities of representing the leading brand names that are our clients. Mr. Belaunzarán has tactfully secured famous trademark status for clients and worked on accounts for some of the biggest brands in the world.
Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México
Juris Doctor, 1981
- Asociación Mexicana para la Protección de la Propiedad Intelectual (AMPPI)
- European Communities Trade Mark Association (ECTA)
- International Association for the Protection of Intellectual Property (AIPP
- International Trademark Association (INTA)
- Chambers Global - Mexico, IP Band 1
- Chambers Latin America - IP, Band 1
- Latin Lawyer 250, Tier 1
- Legal 500, Tier 1
- MIP - IP Star
- Who's Who Legal, Tier 1
- WTR 1000 - Gold - Enforcement & Litigation
- WTR 1000 - Gold - Prosecution & Strategy