Victor Ramírez's work at OLIVARES focuses mostly on counseling, negotiating and prosecuting Industrial Property disputes (Nullity, Caducity and Infringement proceedings) before the Mexican Trademark and Patent Office, as well as on the respective appeal proceeding before the Courts of Law. He is also experienced in running, analyzing and reporting results of availability search for trademarks, slogans and commercial names; preparing and filing trademark, slogan and commercial name applications at the Mexican Trademark Office; trying cases relating to product labelling prosecuted before the Consumer’s Attorney General Office (PROFECO); and trying uniform dispute resolution procedures related to domain names.
In addition, he works on contractual transactions; advising and drafting license, assignment, franchise and transfer of technology agreements; as well as making of record these type of agreements before the Mexican Trademark Office when required.
• “The Mexican trademark system for pharmaceutical products”. World Trademark Review. 
• "Mexico Chapter". Pharmaceutical Trademarks 2010/2011: A Global Guide. 
• "Mexican Chapter". PTG. 
• "Mexico Chapter". Pharmaceutical Trademarks 2009: A Global Guide. 
• "New precedent case law regarding the claiming of damages resulting from an infringement of industrial property rights". Managing Intellectual Property. 
When I'm not being a lawyer...
I participate in continuing education by assisting and collaborating with various partners of the firm on research and essay drafts to be commented on seminars in various academic forums and occasionally replacing them in teaching classes in postgraduate courses on the Industrial Property field.
Franklin Pierce Law Center
Intellectual Property, 2007
Postgraduate Major in Intellectual Property Law, 2005
Juris Doctor, 2000
- Asociación Mexicana para la Protección de la Propiedad Intelectual (AMPPI)
- Barra Mexicana de Abogados (BMA)
- International Trademark Association (INTA)